We are in search of candidates who are enthusiastic, caring, driven and motivated to provide one on one support to individuals with disabilities and help to attain their highest level of independences possible. The Instructor Aide must be able to address the dynamic ever- changing needs of the individuals they support while driving a climate of compassion, empathy, and realizing the dreams of those individuals.
Job Type Full time
- Driver’s license in good standing and proof of high school Diploma or GED Required
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Communication Skills: Must read, write and speak English. Verbal communication with residents, co-workers, supervisor. Must be able to record data and read and understand goals and objectives.
- One year working with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Equipment Utilization: Individual Physical Therapy Positioning Equipment, electronic communication boards, durable medical equipment, vehicles, computer skills and lifts.
- Physical Demands: Lift residents weighing up to 35 pounds independently, assist in 2 man lifts. Transport positioning equipment. Drive all vans (optional). Assist resident in personal care and in daily activities as needed.